Benefits of Low-Impact Direct Mail
Depending on the scope of your campaign, “low-impact” direct mail may be the right choice. Traditionally, a low-impact direct mail campaign is a series of postcards or flyers that can be dropped in the mail. Here’s a quick breakdown of the benefits of a low-impact campaign.
- They’re budget-friendly.
- You can print a higher quantity for a cheap price, meaning you can cast a wider net with your contact list. If someone’s not interested, it only costs you the price of a stamp.
- It’s also fairly cheap to personalize the messages to a contact list, or based on prospect segmentation. If you can organize your contacts into “existing customers”, “lapsed customers” and “prospects’, and then individualize your messaging based on their unique needs, you may find a higher success rate.
- They’re ideal for simple messages.
- Flyers can be smaller in size, but that’s good for today’s short attention spans. If you get to the point quickly and succinctly, your audience will take notice and accept the information more quickly if it’s relevant to them.
- You can also easily build messages out into a campaign – utilizing a series of three or four postcards over the course of a couple of weeks to make sure your message gets received in a way that is significant to your target.
- Postcards are also great for reminders – “check us out at this event”, “don’t forget to register”, “three easy steps to setting up an appointment”, etc. Keep it short and sweet.
- They provide reminders to recipients who are already familiar with your brand.
- Postcards are great for warming up a cold call. When a postcard or flyer is quickly followed up with a personalized outreach from a sales member, customers are more likely to remember them and be prepared to chat.
- They can be produced quickly.
- Most printers can turn around a series of postcards fairly quickly (depending on quantity). If you need to get the word out – FAST – simplified mailers are the way to go. You won’t be bogged down by production lead times, shipping from overseas, etc.
For quick, simple messaging on a budget, you can’t go wrong with a low-impact direct mail campaign.
Now that you’re a pro on low-impact direct mail, check out our piece on high-impact direct mail!